Sunday, July 25, 2010










I'm trying to get the hang of things still. Being a mom has been the biggest and most rewarding job I have ever had, however, I haven't had time to keep this blog current. Here is the latest and greatest:

Anna just celebrated her first Fourth of July. The day began with the usual: naps, bottles, diaper changes... and then we went to grandma and grandpa Paxman's ward where Anna was given a name and a blessing: Anna Elizabeth Needham. Grandpa Karl gave the blessing, and so did my childhood bishops: Bishop/President Tom Lamb, Bishop Jensen, and Bishop Perkins. The current bishopric also helped with the blessing. Grandpa Karl immediately wrote the blessing down and you can find a copy of it in Anna's scrap book. It was short, but sweet, and powerful. Anna looked so beautiful in her blessing dress, but she didn't like it. I think it was hot for her and there was a lot of fabric to deal with.

Anna's daddy and grandma Naoma came for the blessing which meant a lot to me. Anna was passed back to grandma Naoma and then to Moki, Anna's dad. Anna gave Moki a big, beautiful smile when he first held her. Seeing this melted my heart. I want Anna to have a good relationship with her dad, and she hadn't seen him since she was born. After church, grandma Naoma and daddy came and spent some time with Anna.

That night, we all met as a family at aunt Megan's house to watch fireworks. Anna didn't like the fireworks because they were too loud and flashy, so we didn't stay long because she began to be fussy.

Before the fourth of July, Anna and I moved back into our apartment, so we have spent most of the month of July trying to adjust to being just the two of us. It hasn't been easy so I asked Jim to bring me to California for a small vacation. A couple of years ago, I went to Newport Beach for the first time and I fell in love with the area. We are now in Irvine California, and yesterday we went to Balboa Pier on Newport Beach. This was Anna's first visit to the ocean. At first she was calm and content, but soon began to seem tense, and the more time we spent on the shore, the more she fussed. In the end, we decided she didn't like the loud noise of the waves crashing. I love the beach and ocean, so we are going to attempt this again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment